Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hold On Tight!

So I thought a brief catch up was in order so that I didn't end up with an enormous post Mid-January like last year. Russ returned from his deployment on November 4th and we all went to Forbes Field to greet him off the airplane. Evie even made a poster!

Evie was quite ready to bring daddy and daddy's truck home.
I got a hair cut. About 10-12 inches off. Mostly I like it. But I am already growing it back out. Seems to be the way I do things.
The Papa-bear with his cubs.
The very sleepy Mama-bear with her baby bears. Notice Everett is holding his baby too--it isn't real--so no questions about the appearance of baby number three!
Our first snow happened was a beautiful way to celebrate Beatrice's three month anniversary.
We went up to the hill to visit Oma and Baba and Bea got to wear her special red Oma sweater for the first time.
Just hanging out with Dad and the Baba.
Everett and Oma share a book. I hope he learns to love reading as much as we do!
For Thanksgiving we went to Branson, MO to visit Russ's grandparents. We had a really wonderful time. I stupidly left my camera in the car for most of the trip. However, I do at least have a few pictures proving we went. On the last night, our little family took a nature hike as the sun set. It was so beautiful. Each of my kids talked to the " Moon lady." And both Russ and I were reminded how much we love and miss the mountains.
Hanging out with dad in Branson.
This past Sunday, after unpacking and acclimating to our house, we took the kids to go pick out our Christmas tree.
Everett loved running through the soft pine and fir needles. We chose a 8 foot Douglas fir and it stands, soaking water, in the library. Soon to come: our tree decorating pictures!
Ignore the slight dent. It was the Volvo's first time to carry our Christmas tree. It did a nice job too!

2 comments:

nicole said...

1. love that your Oma gets down on the floor to play with Evs, so sweet!
2. your hair and BODY look amazing! You are looking more beautiful somehow!! how do you do it?!
3. Glad to see Russ in pics again:)
4. I sure do miss you all! Sending lots of love to you!!!

AnneR said...

There is such a variety in this post! I love grandma posts, Oma & Baba posts, lovey mommy & daddy posts, Christmas tree posts, and pretty pretty AM posts. So, I am a big fan of this one. You are truly blessed with the children, the husband, and all of the extended family that bestows so much love. I'm grateful that I get to be a part of that!