Turning 6 only happens once and it is a very important thing. So we could fully celebrate the wonderfullness of Everett's sixth anniversary of life, we decided to celebrate for the whole week. I think I am still recovering. Seriously. It was a lot of awesome birthday-ness. We started Monday morning off (his actual birthday) with one present--his box from Nonni and Grampy. In it was a very cool game called Rush Hour. Which we then had to play. Cupcakes at school with Daddy. Favorite dinner and presents from daddy and mama and Bea that evening. And that was just getting started!
 |
| Yes, that is a boomerang. Yep he broke a window within 20 minutes of opening it. And, Russ to his credit, did not say "I told you so" |
 |
| Angry Birds. The game not the App. Bea picked it and it is another really fun one to play all together. |
 |
| On Wednesday, Oma and Baba and Joni and Tante Lienie came for Evie's birthday. It was so fun. And Everett LOVES his RC car and helicopter. Russ liked them so much he bought a helicopter for himself and Bea too so they can all take turns flying them. |
 |
| Our Jonas. Our very favorite one! |
 |
| The Baba and the Everett. I think I see some van der Hoeven in my son. |
 |
| Thank goodness Tante Lienie is a pro at putting things together! She was a true engineer! |
 |
| Everett wanted a "Thor" birthday party. And a sleepover. Wowza. I tried to accomodate! Here is the buffett set with favors. Note the authentic Scandinavian modern table cloth. The book was a gift from Kit and Amy for Evie for Christmas and we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it so much! It is why he really loves Thor. |
 |
| The balloons are Asgard and the streamers are the Bifrost (Rainbow Bridge) If in doubt check out a book on Norse Mythology--you will thank me (and Evie)! |
 |
| The Thunder and Lightning of Thor. |
 |
| Jackson, Evie, and Bea! |
 |
| Mouse Trap!!! Another awesome fun game. Although, it was concluded that the game is irrelevant. We all just want to trap the mouse. |
 |
| Party People! |
 |
| Birthday Brownies. I was really glad E asked for brownies. I was SO over cupcakes. |
 |
| Why isn't he the pre-school teacher? Seriously, this man I love is too amazing. |
 |
| But was the birthday over? Of course not! Grandma Jan was our grand finale for Evie's sixth birthday! Wooohoooo! |
 |
| Bea is so into whatever Evie is doing. I love this picture! |
 |
| The birthday boy and his wonderful Grandma Jan. It was a crazy good week. But no lie, next year, we are going to streamline festivities! Between Beatrice's birthday and Evie's I felt completely birthdayed out! But hey, what is the point of moderation all the time if not to go overboard a few times a year! |
2 comments:
Your pictures always make me so happy. So much fun! I'm very glad the Norse book is enjoyed, and the dragons as well.
I certainly see some van der Hoeven in Evie, but what really stood out to me from the picture of E and Baba was how much Baba and Dad are resembling each other.
As a fellow lover of Thor, I approve of his chosen birthday party theme (and maybe I'm a little jealous, too).
It looks like much fun was had by all!
Post a Comment