Two years ago, I was preparing to marry my darling love, Russ. We had decided to elope, and only our best-friends knew (and would be present). Sometimes I regret not telling my parents, I know it hurt them to miss such a big milestone in my life. But I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day or ceremony. We were married in one of the courtrooms of our town's hundred-year-old courthouse. The setting was solemn and helped to calm my giddiness. I wore a beautiful chocolate and copper colored brocade skirt with a cream beaded sweater and pearls. I felt very Forties--feminine and perfectly matched (in more than my sartorial choices). After the ceremony my friend snapped pictures of us leaving the courthouse. One of these hangs by our bedside and is a beautiful reminder of that gorgeous February day when the sun shone brightly through the blue sky and the breeze was as warm as a spring zephyr.
Happy Valentines Day!
1 comment:
It was a privilege to be at your ceremony. I have always thought that the two of you did what was right for you and I respect that and hope by this point, the parents can too. A beautiful life together began that day and everyone in attendance was well dressed!
Post a Comment