Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Corned Beef and Cabbage

We celebrated St. Patrick's day with my grandparents Mowry over a very traditional dinner of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots and Irish soda bread. It was a lovely evening and everyone enjoyed the food (thank goodness!) Here is my lovely, and much tastier than it looks soda bread. It is so easy that I am sure it will grace our table on a regular basis.
My grandmother and grandfather and of course Russ.
The back of Evie's head and Grandmommy.
The table looked lovely, but unfortunately I didn't take any pre-dinner pictures! I did get to use my new-to-me crocheted tablecloth though. I love that Everett is about to throw his plate on the floor in this picture!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures of the g-parents enjoying dinner. I bet they were so excited to have you continue this type of tradition with them. And then E threw a plate, well, isn't that how most dinners end? With a bang? Happy St. P Day, E family - sorry we couldn't be around for this one. However, I remember the party . . .