First, exciting news for the Essman family, we are moving! Tomorrow we sign papers on our new house as well as signing papers on the sale of our current abode. In less than two weeks we have not only found our dream home but also worked out the details to sell our current house. As much as we love our first little cottage with Beatrice on the way and Everett growing every day, it is time for a change. We will be moving into an Arts & Crafts style bungalow built in 1908. It is located on a quiet street in a lovely town that has, within walking distance, a library, a post office, a grocery store, the courthouse, a park, a couple of restaurants, and a little zoo! It has four bedrooms, a gorgeous livingroom with attached reading palor, formal dining room, kitchen with a breakfast nook, storage, space, a washline both inside and out!, and wall-to-wall oak floors. I only wish I had brought my camera last time we toured the house, because I desperately want to post pictures! Oh well, soon enough I suppose.
So in the meantime, we have to finish all the little repairs in the cottage and then or maybe simultaneously, start packing. This morning I called to secure moving boxes and on Saturday I can pick them up! I am quite thankful that in the past year we have done some serious housecleaning, it means less junk to move now! We hope to be completely moved in by Memorial Day, which is kinda funny, because when we bought this house we closed right before Memorial day and were working on the property over the holiday.
In other exciting news, I am coming up quite quickly on my 100th post! To celebrate I am going to do a giveaway, as that seems to be the popular thing to do. So check back by Sunday to see all the little suprises I have planned!
2 comments:
Yay for new, bigger, and centrally located housing!
Exciting! The new house sounds like it will be perfect for you- and the location isn't half-bad either!
Also, I believe I will be journeying up with Kit when he comes in August, so I will get to see little Bee and the new house!
Post a Comment