Sunday, July 5, 2009

Just the words

We moved! Officially we have been in the new house for a week and 2 days and unofficially it is starting to look like home. Thankfully, it has felt like home from the first night (in which we finally crashed into bed at 2 in the morning after a marathon of hauling and unpacking last Friday).

Everett's room is completely finished. At least for a few weeks, as I have to figure out the logistics of Miss Bea's accoutrement's somewhere before she arrives. But I thought that for the beginning, Evie shouldn't have to share--much less wake up everytime his Cissy needed a nightime snack.

Every other room is in a state of "almost done." For example, the livingroom just needs pictures and curtains hung up. Likewise the library/parlor and kitchen. Our bedroom is close to finished, but still has one picture (to be hung after the arrival of the new mattress) and curtains to hang--we have blinds, lest you think we have been making a shocking impression on the neighbors.

My studio is probably the closest second contender for being done, Russ hung my amazing blue shelf up last night! Yippee!!! No more floor organization. My grandmother has given us two chairs but we need to pick them up this week sometime, one will go in the library and the other is for nursing and relaxing in my space. And let me tell you, it is heaven to have a "room of one's own." I feel like a spoiled princess everytime I go upstairs and sit.

I promise pictures soon, but for now I am focusing on the house and Everett. So there may be a little more radio (or internet as the case may be) silence in the next couple of weeks. But I will post pictures of the house and of course my amazing belly-- just give me a little more time : )

2 comments:

Cristen said...

So glad you guys are getting settled!! Can't wait to see pictures :) I bet it feels good to have so much room now!

Kit said...

Congrats! Amy and I can't wait to come see you guys. :D