Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Labor Day in Kansas
This year we celebrated Labor Day weekend with a birthday party on a beautiful late summer Kansas day. The drive into the big town was breathtaking. The sunflowers, goldenrod, and tall grasses are so pretty.
For me there is no sky that compares to the wide open blue of our prairies.
The party was held at my aunt and uncle's house. They have a backyard that invites relaxation and pleasant conversations.
We always bring lots of fun toys out for Evie to play with. This time Joseph seemed to have as much fun as Evie with the Duplo train tracks.
Boys and trains, not many things are sweeter.
The birthday girl and her boyfriend. I can't believe how old we are all getting.
My Oma. So lovely and elegant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wish wish wish I could have been there - I do love ALL of those people! No surprise about little E and J playing with the train and then the giant ball. I'm not sure little E can take the pink bug off-roading. I miss cousin J a lot and B is lucky to be related to her - glad you all were able to meet up on Labor Day and happy labor day of your own tomorrow! Miss you. Miss you. Miss you.
I second Anne, I wish I could have been there too! It looks like a really awesome time, everyone looks so happy. Joni looks great!
Post a Comment