Monday, November 2, 2009

All the little ghosts and ghouls

This post is unbelievably belated! I am not sure what happens, but every year at this time I get so busy that my blogging falls to the wayside. So for those of you waiting for pictures, I apologize and promise to try to get some newer stuff up soon too.
These pictures are from Halloween day. Yeah, I know over a month ago! But I couldn't not put them up, because, let's face it, I am a sucker for showing off my beautiful babies!
It was about as perfect a day as you could ask for. Bright blue and crisp with lovely jeweled trees that sparkled in the sunshine!
I am never quick enough to get those cool nature in motion pictures. However, this lovely magpie (?) sat quite still so I could get shot.
While it is soon to be covered in lights, red ribbon, and evergreen boughs, here is our house for a spookier holiday.

Jan came and it was wonderful to have an extra grown-up around for sharing in the fun!


Isn't the light beautiful?
Evie was Bob-the-Builder and Beatrice was a North Carolina State cheerleader (Go Pack!). I just used the excuse to wear my witchy tights and tiara.
Believe it or not, all this candy was gon within two hours.
Grandma Jan and her kiddos!
This boy is always in motion.
Our happy Jack.

Time to but my feet up and get ready for the next holidays!

2 comments:

nicole said...

So glad you posted these! I love the costumes. I remember when you made Evie's bag too and it is still cute as ever! btw...love love love those tights, so fun!

AnneR said...

As soon as we are at the right place, I think we should do Halloween with you guys - J obviously has pumpkin carving down to a science. Love that A picked out B's costume and E's is really cute too - is that the bag you made last year? It looks awesome! You look a mix between ethereal and creepy, but I don't mean that in a bad way. Recognize the dress - looks great on you, and I'm with Nicole - love the tights!