One of my Great-Grandmother's sayings was "A house without flowers is like a burnt out village." I love this time of year because it is so easy to fill my house with beautiful arrangements from the backyard! Currently the entire place smells like peonies--so sweet and heady.
I arranged these flowers for my Oma's birthday, but couldn't resist taking a picture of them before I brought them to her party.
I love my bedroom, even when the bed isn't made--it is such a sanctuary.
This amazing fruit bowl was a Mother's day present from my mama. I love it!
1 comment:
I love that fruit bowl! I either spotted one similar or dreamed about it because I know I've seen it before! Also, agree completely about the bedroom/sanctuary thing - it is often the only cleanish room in the house. You know that I don't really get flowers as such, but I'm glad it is something you have in common with the earlier generations.
Post a Comment