Everett brought treats for his class party, which gave me a a chance to play in the kitchen. We made these spider cupcakes as well as regular vanilla cupcakes with candycorn toppers and a really fun autumn snack mix. All the treats were a success, but the spiders were unanimous favorites.
Bea came too and even tried out her ladybug costume for the first time! It was so cute on her and she loves being included with the big kids!
Some of Evie's teachers formed a Halloween rock band so before our parade we had a jam session, none of the pictures were focused because there was so much rocking going on!
Our little Spiderman even has the hand motions down!
The next night it was time for pumpkin carving. It was messy, slimey, and lots of fun. Mama got in on the scooping so there aren't too many pictures. Just imagine that the finished pumpkins were great, because they were : )
Time for trick-or-treating! Thank you to Grandma Jan who passed out candy so we could all go down the street together! It was so much fun. Our neighborhood really goes crazy, hundreds of little costumed munchkins and tons and tons of candy! Both my babes had a wonderful night!
Cissy loved collecting sugar. Seriously, I am pretty sure that all her teeth are sweet. Thank goodness she loves brushing them too!

2 comments:
PS, for those wanting outfit info/rundowns, here goes: Mulberry cotton longsleeve tee shirt (thrifted), cherry red cardigan (altered with vintage buttons and some tweaking) J. Crew, orange scarf (airport--I buy one every trip I make because I always get too cold), brown tiered ruffle skirt (ebay), grey cotton sweater leggins, orange cashmere argyle socks (Thank you Anne!) and brown riding style boots (Banana Republic a long time ago!) Earrings from Albequerque thanks to my brother! Oh and I topped it all off with a hat that Russ picked up for me in Alaska (obviously not pictured)
What cute pictures! I think the spider treats are so creative, and it looks like they didn't take a ton of back-breaking labor to make them.
And one question: why wasn't Bea a bee? (har har har)
I'm sure there was an exasperated sigh on your end after reading that. ;)
Post a Comment