Wednesday, November 16, 2011

vintage/modern

So, believe it or not, this adorable teal wool mini/pencil skirt used to be a pleated, 80s monstrosity and about 4 sizes too big! I sewed down the pleats, chopped off some length, and took out the hip-maximizing pockets! Voila! It was a little more involved than I thought, but really rewarding.

Outfit details:
Grey Ruffle Cardigan: Garnet Hill, last winter
*I am 90% certain I wore a tee shirt underneath, but I don't know which one.
Grey scarf: Target
Grey tights: Anne (have I mentioned how I love this girl?)
Boots: Garnet Hill, 2 winters ago



I love stacking my rings.

Another awesome vintage pencil skirt. Bonus, this one didn't need any alterations to make it awesome!

Navy Ruffle Blouse: Eddie Bauer, thrifted.
Cream Merino Cardigan; J.Crew, thrifted
Camel Wool Jersey pencil skirt: vintage, thrifted.
Brown polka dot tights: Gap, super sale!
Amazing lace-up Oxfords: Indigo by Clarkes.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely gorgeous!! Also, I love your bangs. You're making me want to go to a salon and get mine chopped off.

PS I miss you, and we need to have a girls shopping day. I don't know when, but it needs to happen. Love you!