Thursday, March 20, 2008

all in Two Weeks

I have been a dirling whirvish of crafting, sewing, gifting, cleaning, organizing, washing, drying, folding, dusting, stacking, hiding, craziness. I still have no pictures up--as Anne so sweetly asked, "Do you ever download pictures off your camera?" well...umm...sometimes? But I have been successful in not buying new for myself (or Russ) I did get a gorgeous navy sweater for Evie for Easter--on sale from 35 to 11! to go with the lovely linen pants purchased end of season last year (down to 6 from 35) and the cutest little button down (picked up at the JC goodwill on $1.10 day. Actually thanks to Anne and Nicole, little E is pretty much set for Spring and Summer clothes and all for under $20! I went back through the attic and found a bunch of things that I had saved till he grew into them--and they should be perfect for this year!

Things I have made or crafted:
two St. Patrick's day necklaces (one for Nicole, one for Victoria--who got a matching bow for her hair)
Two mens button-down shirt to tunic/baby doll dresses (1 for Anne--pale olive oxford cloth, 1 for Nicole--navy and white gingham seersucker)
1 slip from an old sheet, vintage lace and some bias binding (currently in the needs adjustments basket)
1 sunny sunflower yellow cotton babydoll dress (made from a vintage 30's cotton slip)
working on a funny bunny for Evie's Easter basket--made with love--but still funny looking!
A ginger orange-zest cake with cream cheese icing (for Russell)
In progress are:
a slew of cotton slips made from vintage pillow cases and lace
a skirt re-fashion or two (teal cotton prairie skirt to be combined with chocolate brown prairie skirt (will post pictures eventually)
Anne's Easter Basket (a long standing tradition!)

Oma is coming for tea in a little under two hours so I need to go make some muffins and finish tiding the house up--and make a convincing tired student instead of SuperDuper School work procrastinator...Oh well, tomorrow I see the DR--should be interesting--but then the weekend really starts! YAY.

Hope everyone is having a thoughtful Maundy Thursday--tomorrow is Good Friday and then EASTER! the real celebration--spring, new birth, resurrection, ultimate love! XOXO.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like it noted and remembered certian items that were bought for the first Easter baskets (not the pudding) and then stored underneath the matresses. Oh how completely unnecessary, you know?

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to spend TWO Easters with you, Everett, and Russ! Evie looked fabulous! Hoping to see you soon and accumulating many bits and scraps until I do! AnneR