Every semester I have one week that makes me feel like the worst-mom-in-the-world-ever. Yesterday was the beginning of that week. My family--immediate, extended, biological, chosen--is the most important thing in my life. Without them, I would be the most useless, boring, pedantic fool that ever tied her shoes. But for one week, every semester, I am forced to become the worst wife, worst mom, worst friend, most party-poopering, tired hag that lives in this corner of the state. There are few things I hate more than whining, but, as this is my little corner of the interweb, I can whine for a few more lines. My precious Evie doesn't like me very much right now (I know he loves me, just like I know my husband loves me unconditionally) but it still hurts when he definitely, assuredly likes my neighbor Nicole better because she is fun and his mommy (me) is mean and says "no, No, NO..." all day long. But, for about 36 more hours (my final paper is due by noon on Thursday)I have to be the worst-mommy-in-the-world-ever, and there is nothing that makes me feel worse.
Okay, now that I have confessed and accepted it I guess I have to move forward. One happy note is that it is only about 36 more hours before I can become Wonder-Mommy who bakes cookies with her favorite baby boy, and fingerpaints with pudding, and makes mud in the back yard just to squish fingers in, and wakes up early to go for runs on bumpy roads (weird I know but he really loves it) and never says "no" unless it is dangerous. That is what I am pushing through for, that is why I am going to finish because both my sweet Evie, and my most adored Husband, deserve some reward for being the loves of my life who put up with me (even when I am a horrible, study-addled, exhausted wreck--who makes left-over soup and calls it dinner!)
So until then, I will return to the books, and one last paper about a book written by a woman who died over two-hundred years ago. But come Thursday afternoon--Watch Out, because that girl with the outlandish smile on her face and the air of complete happiness--that is gonna be me!
1 comment:
I hope your Thursday afternoon is wonderful! I can't wait to see you this weekend and I love your blog.
Post a Comment