My cousin Joseph made an interesting comment last night prior to the tornado and stormy weather that drove us to the crawl space at Nicole's house--he said, blogging is a full time commitment, and if you can't decide to do it for the rest of your life in a consistent manner, don't bother. I get his point, and honestly--I know I am not ever going to be a well read blog--simply because I choose to spend my time differently. For example, Russ has been gone for about three weeks--prime writing time in theory-- I should have finished my grad project and blogged consistently. But I didn't feel inspired or driven--so instead I have thrifted up a storm, hung out with my darling friends, cuddled my son and generally been somewhere inbetween really stressed (because my other half is a couple oceans away) and really content and peaceful. A good place to be--but different than I anticipated.
So once again--good bye for now, I am going to fix two vodka sours (truly delicious summery beverages) and watch a few movies with Nicole--instead of catching up on my blog. Here is the moral tumbling in my head--make time for friends, face-to-face, because those are the memories that will fill in the pages when you begin your memoirs.
1 comment:
How glad I am that you didn't spend time with your blog, but instead spent time with me. What a blessing!!! I miss our time together...wonder if Chris will fly me to ks when it warms up...hmmm?
Post a Comment