In all its flourescent teal glory, the amazing maternity dress from Planet Frump. Of course I should fill everyone else in on the providence of this delightful garment. My mother, who I consider my closest and dearest friend, has been sending me care-packages every month for quite awhile. Usually they are filled with funny, pretty, useful, or silly little presents for everyone in the family. This Friday, when I went to the post office, the March box had arrived. Everett and I hurried home to open our treasures. And what should I find betwixt the sweets and lovelies but this astonishing polyester creation. I vaguely remember my mother wearing it once about 16 years ago...Apparently, when she was pregnant with my little sister, my great-grandmother who lived in the Netherlands decided to send her a care-package. And this dress was the prize she unwrapped. It was never a particularly flattering dress--in fact I can think of few things less attractive than swaddling a growing midsection and the greater majority of a woman's pregnant body with teal polyester. But because it was a lovingly given present from Oma Lien, mom saved it--for 16 years to bequeath to me. Of course she sent it as a joke--and it is funny. Please enjoy
1 comment:
so I have been back to laugh at this photo now several times as it seems to always put a smile on my face and a little chuckle even seems to sneak out even when i am feeling less than happy
Post a Comment