Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Dreams to reality and realty
Here is our new house! The outside is pretty typical for a turn-of-last-century bungalow, I love the porch, and plan on painting the porch swing to match our bench. Everett loves the the new house (so far at least!)
This is the built in china cabinet in the formal dining room, The glass is leaded and really sparkles when the light hits it. The big window also has a long window seat, swoon!
Russ calls this room "Grand Central station, it is essentially a hallway with lots of closets and doors, Everett loved hiding in the tall closets.
This fireplace is in the reading parlor off the livingroom. I love the tiles.
This will be the kids room for starters, lots and lots of sunshine. I don't even mind the green paint. The oak floors are gorgeous and in excellent condition through the house.
One thing I noticed when trying to take pictures--it is a lot harder than it looks! This is the kitchen of course, I love the old cabinets.
The big picture window in the livingroom and one of the radiators.
The parlor has built in bookcases on either side of the entrance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't wait to see the new house! It looks absolutely wonderful, and I know the space was much needed. Older houses are so gorgeous, and you guys got yourselves a real gem!
Post a Comment