Friday, June 12, 2009

Eight by Eight

I liked this tag from Miss A, so I thought I would participate and then pass it on. Brief update, I am 32 weeks along--maybe a bit more. Monday we close on our new house (FINALLY) and on the 20th of June we can finally move everything over. I haven't taken any pictures to speak of, I mostly feel enormous and very heavy. Russ has been away for a little over a week at an Air Guard training session, so I have been trying hard to keep it all rolling. My little cottage is a disaster, I have mending list that I have to tackle before we move, and dishes in the sink. Thankfully, Evie went to bed early tonight and I am planning on following him shortly!

And on to the more narcissistic (no criticism intended I just feel a little navel-gazey when I record the minutia):

8 things I am looking forward to:
Russ coming home tomorrow night, signing all the final closing papers and getting the keys to 514 Huntress, moving all our furniture in and unpacking, seeing A and C next weekend, meeting our daughter sometime in August, seeing my parents and Cissy (albeit briefly) in July, seeing Kit and Amy in August, fitting into my clothing again (yeah, I know, eventually...)

8 things I did yesterday:
Talked to my mom, my dad, my brother, and my husband on the phone, cuddled my baby (always) boy at nap and bedtime, made french toast (should it be capitalized) for dinner for the second time in a row, drove to Clay Center (that was a disaster), picked up a ridiculous prescription for a stupid rash on my legs, 2 loads of laundry, visited the thrift store in Junction City--found some great linen napkins, a sweet linen dress for Miss B, and a pair of slightly tacky but delicious orange patent leather heels for me, Finished reading Prep by Curtis Sittenfield--ehh, not bad for a summer throwaway.

8 things I wish I could do:
Sleep through the night, finish packing in one day, visit my Mom whenever I felt like it, find all the little things that Everett hides (puzzle pieces from the library, his sunglasses, etc), go for a run, fit into my clothes again (yeah, I know I mentioned it all ready, but seriously, I'm really ready to feel like me again!), have more energy and be a better mom to my extremely active Everett, have a getaway with Russ (this is probably first on the list in all actuality, I miss having time as a couple, especially when he has been away for over a week.)

8 shows we watch: (disclaimer, we only watch TV via Netflix)
No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain, Veronica Mars, Firefly, The Riches, Lost, Mad Men, This American Life, Mythbusters

8 Favorite books and movies:
Hmm, this is always so hard for me. Books first, I do better with authors than titles, I consistently like, Terry Pratchett, Hunter S. Thompson, Louise Erdrich, Margaret Atwood, Lee Smith, Phillip Pullman (His Dark Materials), Fannie Flagg, and because I am a dork (and pregnancy has FRIED my brain/memory) JK Rowling. Movies are a bit easier, Lonestar State of Mind, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, It Happened One Night, Southland Tales, A Very Long Engagement, Life Aquatic/Royal Tennenbaums/not Darjeeling Limited/Bottle Rocket, Strictly Ballroom, Priscilla Queen of the Desert

8 Places to travel:
Topsail Island, NC, India, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Boone/Blowing Rock NC, Vietnam, Pueto Morelos, Mexico, Ireland

8 Places I have lived:
Lafayette, LA, Hoxie, KS, Holton, KS, Raleigh, NC, Boone, NC, Manhattan, KS, Riley, KS, Clay Center, KS (yes, I am moving there in a week, but also lived there for a while as a kid--in my great-grandparents house)

8 People who should play along (even if you don't have a blog, just post in the comments!)
Amy, Nicole, Kit, Alisa, Jill, Mary Lindsey, Blair, Mom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this! I do believe that I will do this. Probably tonight, since I'm procrastinating because I don't want to study for my midterms.

I got your package in the mail, and I love it! The goodies inside were so awesome and fun. Many, many thanks. :)

I told my mom that you were having a little girl, and she told me that she picked up a little pink ensemble today when she was out. I don't know if you're familiar with the Life is Good line, but I've found all their things to be high quality, charming and super comfy!

Kit said...

New blawg.

AnneR said...

Ahh, yes, the parents and sister are coming. They will love the new house! I am only into book two of re-reading the HP series, but will prevail!