Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I can almost see the clearing through the forest

I borrowed this survey from a friend who is 9 days ahead of me. It seemed like a nice way to mark and remember these final weeks.

How far along? Approximately 251 days.

Total weight gain/loss: I think about 30-35 lbs. If I can keep it here I will be happy-ish. I gained that much with E and am pretty sure I will lose it all again quickly. Breastfeeding and chasing a three-year-old, and lots of long walks around our little town should be the ticket. I also found a great schedule for running 30 minutes in 10 weeks, so the double jogging stroller is my number one birthday wish. I am told it is possible not to actually gain but to maintain a weight in the last month and I think it is pretty likely considering how very active life currently is (Evie, Russ, and I spent the whole weekend at the Riley house painting, cleaning and getting ready for the next owners, whoever they may be). And the next couple of weeks are looking about as busy what with weddings, family, more family, friends and a demolition derby all around the corner.

Maternity clothes? As I have thrifted pretty much all of my "maternity" clothes I would say yeah I am not only wearing them but down to slimmer selection. I have my favorites--a dark denim jean skirt, a couple of cute tops, and a few dresses but mostly I am so very, very, very tired of them and quite ready for feeling cooler and for being back in my regular clothes. Also, NONE of my shoes fit any more. Only flip-flops. I found out this afternoon when I tried to wedge my swollen extremity into the last pair of sandals I had. Not so great for the arch support, I tell you.

Stretch marks? Only the ones I got on my chest when my milk came in with Everett.

Sleep: Naps are great but too short. Night time sleep is hit and miss. Mostly I miss it. But I do remind myself that it is only going to be more like this when Miss Bea arrives. It took Evie a few months before he could go through the night with only 2 feedings, so I am not holding my breath for uninterupted sleep.

Best moment this week: Honestly, as crazy and busy and full as life is, there are still so many moments of joy and beauty. Evie crawling into bed with us and wiggling and jumping around on Saturday morning. Having my dad's parents visit for the first time. Staying in my pajamas until 5pm today. Watching Evie eat a piece of watermelon almost as big as his head. Listening to the "boys" play down in the basement. Reading through a stack of home-decorating books and getting ideas for the house. Planning our trip to town on Friday--I am definitely hitting a couple thrift stores, possibly the library, and maybe even Hey Baby!

Movement: Yes, she is very active between 12 noon and 2:30 and then again at night when I lay down. Intermitently during the day too.

Food cravings: Frozen green beans and ice water half the time and anything chocolate or ice-creamy the other half. I definitely am hitting both ends of the healthy food spectrum.

Labor signs: Actually no. I started having regular contractions at 14 weeks but in the past month or so they have eased up a lot. I figure she is going to ride this out till the very end. I will wait up to 42 weeks unless there is something medically necessary.

Belly button in or out? Half in half out--more because I apparently have a defective belly-button than a small belly.

What I miss: Hugging Russ face-to-face, cuddling Everett on my lap for bedtime stories, having energy that last through the day with Everett, wearing regular shoes, bending, walking, running, sleeping, my face, figure, and clothes. The ability to enjoy summer weather.

What I'm looking forward to: Our family growing and changing as we love and enjoy Beatrice Emily, all the suprises that come with a new little person, my mom, dad, sister, brother and his girlfriend's upcoming visits, Demolition Derby 2009--Russ is so going to win it this year (or not make it to the feature at all), autumn weather, seeing old friends and making new ones.

Weekly wisdom: Give yourself a break--don't get out of your pajamas, finish the book you are reading (even if there is an 85% chance that you have read it already and can't remember because your brain has been co-opted by your baby's placenta), sit on the floor and play dinosaurs and cars and bears. Make time for your husband. Fix a really great meal. Enjoy every little minute before life changes all over again.

Milestones: Everett has started using 3 and 4 word sentences with prompting. We finally finished painting the interior of the Riley house. I can't wear shoes anymore (it stands repeating). We have been in the new house for approximately 3 weeks! And officially we are full term on this pregnancy.

3 comments:

Kit said...

When is the derby this year?

Anonymous said...

What a fun survey! I like filling out internet surveys, but this isn't really one I can participate in yet. :)
It's good to know everyone's doing well, and I can't wait to see everyone in August! Perhaps Miss Bea will have arrived by the time Kit and I get there.

P.S.: I am very jealous of the fact that you didn't any stretch marks! I have them everywhere from crazy growth spurts, becoming curvy and such. My least favorite are the ones I have on my legs from growing massive muscular man calves. :(

AnneR said...

Keep these - they are so very funny to look back on! Which is the other reason we are SO doing the belly cast - I just got supplies, so now I just need to feel better!