We went to The Farm last Sunday. It hardly seems that long ago when I look at the pictures. Since then however, the weather has warmed up considerably. I am certain that this being Kansas we will still get some more snow, but it has been lovely to see the sun shining and green things starting to peek out through the greys and browns.
It is always such fun to see Everett out in the fields and creek beds that I played in. I hope that he and Beatrice feel the same connection to the land that Russ and I do. Just getting out and running around seems to brighten everyone's day.
These stones reminded me of our little family.
There were a few places where green things were growing. About this time of year, my hearts starts to yearn for life and the smell of Spring. It is coming, I know it.
2 comments:
Colors, comforts, nature, and family: all that really matter, right? Love your eye and B is getting bigger - I can tell! Glad the time on the farm was restoratitive (is that what I mean?). I usually find that out at the in-laws' place - even if I never venture outside. Makes me wonder if it's just the being out there. Much love to the fam of four.
I feel the same about the farm. When I was out there it felt like the world just melted away, I was happy and free. Half expected to see ghosts of our childhood running around with me
Post a Comment