Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Sparkle

Tis' the season for twinkling lights, nights by the fire, woolen socks, and lots and lots of sparkle!



Normally, I keep outfit posts separate, but the clock keeps ticking, and I am sadly short of pretty pictures. I endeavor to capture more of this week!

A little bit 1920's a little bit of the 60's too! This gorgeous wool dress was found on my birthday thrifting spree and I have been waiting patiently for winter weather to wear it!


This beautifully beaded bow is a family heirloom that I made into a headband so it could sparkle again!

Another sparkly headband for the Christmas season-this one I made from an ornament!

There is never a better time for rhinestones, diamonds, and sequins than Christmas! Except maybe New Years or my 30th Birthday--which is coming up in 2012!

This is what I wore to our Mom's Group Christmas Party. There just aren't enough opportunities in my life for sparkle so I decided that sometimes you just have to bring the glitter at nine in the morning!



Remember those liquid silver necklaces? Wearing this skirt is kinda like that.

I also wore a sparkle star barrette in my bun, because I wouldn't want to be accused of holding back or showing tasteful restraint when it comes to sequins.


And something a little more subdued. But notice the ruffles, a girl's gotta have a little party all season long!

Seriously, I love this dress, it makes me feel elegant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful holiday decorations and outfits. It was nice to click on this post and see some more Christmas decorations--they're helping me get through my post-holiday slump. :)

Nicole said...

That dress is amazing on you my dear friend! Love it!