Winnowing over 500 pictures and thousands of memories into the best and brightest for this marathon re-cap has been challenging. I always promise myself to make nice, neat, small updates--and then two months, one vacation, 5 birthdays, countless loads of laundry and cups of coffee, and phone calls and naptimes pass, and I still haven't sat down with my camera and posted pictures. About a month ago, Russ, Evie and I were in NC celebrating my mom and brother's birthday! My mom turned 50 this year!!! Seriously, look at the pictures, I only hope I turn out half as well. For her birthday, she had all of her family with her and for a little under 48 hours we played, ate, drank, laughed and ate some more. It was really a special time. I was so excited to meet my brother Kit's girlfriend (and now I am thrilled to have them come to KS for Thanksgiving). Also I have to give a huge cheer for the wonderful way that all my family and their partners jumped in and had a blast--even in the crazy green t-shirts! So now, with out further ado, the beginning of the highlight reel (s).

Right after Everett and I arrived (the 16th of August) we left for the beach with my mom, dad, and sister Amanda. While I promise I was there, I don't have much photographic evidence. The one behind the camera rarely makes it into many pictures!

Everett LOVES the ocean, nothing could keep him away from the water. Even after a serious tumble in the waves, he refused to come up to the dry sand.

Our wonderful friends and neighbors graciously lend us their 1950's beach cabin. I have been staying there since my 16th birthday and the back porch, which looks out to the sound, is by far the favored hang out space.

Inside the cabin is a collection of strange and wonderful straw beach hats, Evie became obsessed with this one and insisted that we all wear it.

One of the only photos of me on the beach!

Our mini-oasis, now were did the cabana boy go with those margaritas?

Isn't she lovely?

I promise he is wearing pants, well at least stubbies (Aussie for short shorts).


This is my sweet sister Amanda, she doesn't like the ocean as much, but she could play all day in the sound.

Doesn't she have a beautiful smile?

Well, now you know where I get it. When I was little my dad shaved his mustache off, I was so upset when he couldn't "put it back" that I didn't speak to him. And now after an abscence of 13 years it is finally back!



Daddoo and Evie playing on the beach, so much fun!

Amanda and Everett walking up the drive and over to the beach. E insisted on carrying his own noodle.

Yep, that's my mom's butt. And yes, it really does look better than mine!

We had a tray of watermelon on the porch and E couldn't get enough. Yeah, what you think happened, did.


I love Topsail beach.
No comments:
Post a Comment