Turning two means you get two parties and two cakes right? Well, I couldn't let my mom be the only creative baker. The weekend following Everett's birthday, we invited friends and family to stop by and help us celebrate. Who knew they would all arrive at about the same time! So our little house was full of cheer, Dutch slingers, cake, tea, laughter, and excitement. It was so much fun!

Everett is showing just how Dutch he is. That is tea in a little cup, he was quite certain it was meant for him.

So strong, and determined. He hung there all by himself (spotted by dad of course).

Blowing out the candles on his train cake. It was a huge success.

Anne and Caleb through the screen door. The porch proved a very popular extension to the festivities.

The most popular toy. Everett has played every day with this since he opened it. Now he can even put it together on his own!


Tea with friends is good at any age.

Talina and Jeff gave him a miniature working guitar. He loves it. Evie has watched his dad play since he was little and seems quite natural.

Sweet Anne arrived early. Looking lovely and proceeded to be the extra hands I needed. She even mopped the floor!!!! Have I mentioned how wonderful she is? Seriously, without her help this party would not have been nearly as fun.

My grandparents came too. I always enjoy having them at my house. Everett is lucky enough to know both sets of great-grandparents on my side!

Even though Caleb had worked all morning, he came to wish E a happy birthday. Thank you!

Such a wonderful group of friends and family. I am so glad that everyone came.

This is pre-party, Everett is practicing for his magic "Essman in a box" trick.

I made this cake with a William-Sonoma mold that my grandmother gave me for Christmas. It was the first time I had tried it and it came out BEAUTIFULLY. The train is made from scratch following the recipe on the cake mold box. It sits on a white cake with home-made buttercream frosting (also a William-Sonoma recipe). I even made vanilla ice-cream. I really had fun decorating the train, Anne helped with that as well.

Here is a close-up of the engine.

Out on the porch, it was gorgeous warm day.

Thanks again to everyone who made Everett's birthday so very special!
1 comment:
Funnest 2yo b-day ever! What a tasty cake! Did R figure out how to fix the guitar yet?
Post a Comment