When we first got back to Kansas after our vacation, the weather was perfectly autumnal. While the coolness didn't last, we did get one good campfire in before the heat returned. On a Monday evening forcasted as particularly clear, we bundled into the Toyota and headed out to the farm. After driving around we decided the safest place to build our fire was in the middle of the farm road--a little unorthodox, but away from the tall grasses.



Trust me this is the best picture I could get, and I really tried hard.


Everett LOVES to run free. The farm is perfect because he can go as far as he wants with no danger.


It took awhile but Russ managed to get a great fire going.


Everett was extremely interested in how the fire worked.
1 comment:
Truly, this is how I picture all of you in my mind. While I dream of a huge, welcoming kitchen as a friendly and famiial gathering place, nothing can replace the secretive, smokey aura of kinship around a campfire. You know?
Post a Comment