Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thrifting Delights

About two weeks ago, on a rainy monday my cousin Arianna and I went on a thrifting adventure (minus my usual half-size companion). The pictures aren't in order at all--and we don't have very many, because we got very caught up in the search. But here is a short re-cap, starting at the end of our day. The slip is really lovely--it looks like it fits in the picture but I need to alter it in reality--too big in the ta-tas. But along with a tweedy blazer (not pictured) and a few books, this was my only score.
Arianna on the other hand made out like a bandit. For around thirty dollars, she ended up with the above outfit and all the loot on the bed.
This lovely, genuine sable coat from the sixties did not come home with either of us.


This is the rest of Arianna's haul. Multiple dresses, two pairs of sandals for next year, two slips, skirts, belts, sweaters...It was a really fun day! I can't wait for our next trip together.



Her first treasure of the day was a pair of cowboy boots that were my mom's. They were always a little big for me, but fit Arianna perfectly. She LOVES them! Yay!

And of course a pre-thrifting mirror shot of the two of us, and Arianna's hand.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad that the thrifting was so fruitful! I might have met your match - photo prof found a Rembrandt in Santa Fe for $30.