Monday, April 20, 2009

Brightly colored eggs and Easter bunnies

Every year since I have known Russ I have made him an Easter basket. Of course now I make one for Evie too! The chocolate bunny in Everett's basket was from my mom last year and it makes an annual springtime appearance.
Russ's basket has the snickers and razors, not the most creative, but I think he still enjoys getting one on Easter morning. The fuzzy rabbit with the pink heart is for Miss Beatrice. Everett helped pick it out and will hopefully bring it to the hospital when little missy makes her grand entrance.
There is something so symbolic and perfect about eggs. And they look beautiful all together in the pot. We boiled 18 to dye this year, Everett's very first experience with Pas and technicolor chicken ovums.
I know my mom has a picture of me about the same age dying eggs in our little house in Western Kansas. I still remember how exciting it was and how hard to wait. Everett wasn't as interested in the dying process as I thought he would be, but every time we brought one out he said "WOW, eggs!"


Don't they just make you smile? I love the crazy bright colors so much. This time of year I am ready to burn all my black and grey and dress like an Easter egg. Of course this year, I am roughly shaped like one too! Unfortunately, our Easter weather wasn't very pleasant so we didn't really do an egg hunt. We did go over to my grandparent's for cinnamon rolls and coffee though and that was delightful. My only regret is no pictures of us in our Easter finery. I love getting dressed up and the boys looked so very handsome in their new khakis and striped shirts.
Just look at that concentration. Perhaps we have a future chemist on our hands? With this little boy who knows!
And I can't resist one more picture of those luscious colors. Unfortunately, I am not a huge fan of boiled eggs so it has been up to Russ to eat most of them, thankfully he is a good sport.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun Easter basket! Unfortunately, Kit and I weren't able to make one for each other. That turned out to be fine anyway, since we got tons of goodies from my family members.
Those eggs are such pretty colors! I know exactly how you feel about wanting to burn all the dreary winter clothes- I've got my eye on some things at Old Navy that are just the most beautiful vibrant spring colors. :)
-Amy

AnneR said...

We didn't do Easter baskets, but you know that I love them! So cute that you did one for Baby Bee and little E helped! Great colors!