Thursday, October 22, 2009

On the farm


On Monday, the last day of my dad's visit, we took a drive out to my Baba's farm. The weather couldn't have been lovelier and both kids enjoyed the fresh air. I took over 200 pictures and have tried to cull them to best represent the beautiful Flint Hills in October. I am looking forward to Russ returning so we can take a family trip out and maybe have our first bonfire of the season. Again, hopefully, these bring a bit of cool Kansas air to my sweetie, at least in his imagination.











































































2 comments:

nicole said...

wow, that blue sky was a perfect back drop! Got to love that bright blue. I also love the bright red berries, I think they wait until fall b/c they stand out so nicely against all the browns. The pic of you and B really made me miss nursing! Hope all is going well, miss you bunches!

AnneR said...

I love the pictures of you and the kids - you are so definitely, so really MOM. I love how little E "rides" his grandpa and little B is so content to be tucked away against anyone that loves her (because she always knows). How did she like the KS prairie? I'm betting E just runs and gallops and runs? And G, your father, and my birthday friend, he has SO many memories on the farm, right? I hope all four of you had a carefree couple of hours. The shots of the sky and the land and the vegetation remind me of how happy I am out at G&L's farm. Beautiful KS, how could anyone disagree? Flat and boring - no way!