We had all been missing tromping around on the farm. And with weather as nice as it's been, it would have been a shame to stay in. So out we went, piled into the truck and drove out past the lake to our bit of Kansas prairie.
Everett was so excited to get back, insisted on going barefoot. I think he just wanted to soak up as much summer as he could.
I couldn't pick between these photos so you get both! Everett's so excited in the first one, but Bea is turned around in the second, so there you have it, if I was any good at photoshop I could just combine them.
We did insist on shoes before hiking much past the gate. He was not happy.
Phoebe, however, couldn't have been any happier if she tried!
My girl did get to leave her shoes at home, but thats because she isn't too keen on walking yet, and I don't mind carrying her.
The posed picture followed by the "this feels so good on my bare feet, I love being outside" picture. I love them both!
It was a beautiful day. I am so thankful for these times together. All the little things, the frustrations, the differences, the growing and learning, it is easier with memories like these to think about when clouds make the skies grey.
2 comments:
Man,
I just want to be there and soak up the day with you all. Loverly photos of farm and the four of you. Not a good choice that we live ~1,300 miles away...must look at changing that...but how and maintain the goals...that's it change the goals.
Thank you for sharing!! Dad
I love these. I say it in my head everytime I look at them and found myself surprised that I hadn't post it yet. I love these.
Post a Comment