I have close to a thousand pictures to sort through and even more wonderful memories to record. Needless to say, it may take me quite a while to get caught up on this blogging thing! In addition, I have made a pledge to be a technology free zone for my kids, which means that computer time is limited to nap/quiet time which is a variable window shared by laundry, cleaning, etc.
On Wednesday afternoon I made it back to Kansas, babies in tow, after a delight-filled, five week vacation. We were greeted at the airport by my sweet Russ and 103 degree weather, I guess summer isn't over yet! Yesterday was spent unpacking, re-organizing, and playing--Everett's first request when we hit the tarmac, "Mama, when can I see my friends?" So playdates have been arranged to get us back in the groove and over the biggest bump of missing our sweet Nonni, Grampy, Aunt Amanda, and Cricket.
Seriously though, it is going to be rough. We had SO much fun! We played at the beach, we went to the state zoo and aquarium, we went to so many fun museums and parks, and libraries! We were busy, busy, busy. Sometimes we just played on the porch or in the backyard because it was so much fun to be at Nonni and Grampy's house! Everything was new and different, and after an adjustment period, we all got into the swing of a long visit. The best part, for me, was getting to know my sister again and really soaking up the hours with my mom and dad. I am so blessed to have them as my family! I even got to see Kit!!!! He was working in Tennessee this summer and drove down to Raleigh for an extended weekend. The only person missing (and man was he missed!) was Derek. I haven't been home for longer than a few weeks in 10 years, so this was an amazing growing, learning, and loving experience. Thank you to Mom and Dad and Amanda for making it possible! But perhaps the biggest thank you goes to Russ, for giving me the time to be away, for sharing our children, and for having the house so AMAZINGLY clean when I got home! You are one-of-a-kind, the owner of my heart, and I am so happy to be home again!
Without further ado, some pictures to get the ball rolling! These were taken two days before we left. Our sweet, wonderful, dear, friends Nicole and Victoria came for a Fourth of July visit. It was fast but we had the most fun you can imagine in two days!
3 comments:
V looks so big and so much older and so very pretty (where is N's blog so that I can tell her these things?)! Your two are huge and I'm sure even bigger after a trip to the East Coast. Can't believe B is driving already. She was just 9 months the other day and now 16 years old? Time flies! Although, that makes us 42, just so you know . . .
Welcome back!! So glad you had a wonderful vacation!
(PS, just a note - don't post the picture of Bea in the car on facebook as a backlash of "don't do that" advice might ensue. I'm speaking from experience, can you tell?)
Wow what gorgeous photos Miriah! Sounds like you had an amazing holiday with the family! The photos seem so much more real after seeing and doing lots of the things you did with Guido, Emily and Amanda when we visited last July. Can't believe it was over a year ago that we were there! I'm not sure if Emily has sent Mum here for a nosy already - they are rediculously good at emailing – but she will adore looking at these.
Hope everyone is settling into routine again
Julia xx
Post a Comment