(photo courtesy of G. van der Hoeven)
This is the first time that the entire Essman family has been at Topsail together! After arriving much later than scheduled in Raleigh, we stretched, wiggled and jumped in the already beach-ready vehicles and hit the road to the coast. Mom, Amanda, Bea, Everett and I were in the little silver CR-V and Dad and Russ took the little blue truck loaded with beach stuff. We arrived a little before 1 in the morning and then had the pleasure of waking up to the lapping of waves in the sound. While we were only there for 48 hours it felt like much longer. It was a wonderful way to start our stay, and the perfect little break for Russ who had to return to Kansas much sooner than the rest of his family.
The next six photos are also from my dad's camera. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one behind the lens this trip, so there is proof that I was actually on vacation with my family!











2 comments:
Actually, Russ and I drove in the pickup with much of the luggage and vittles.
Dad
and now the post is ammended! thanks Dad! ; )
Post a Comment