Sunday, October 24, 2010

Some pictures, a recipe, and something crafty/fashiony

But not necessarily in that order.

This is my current Fall fashion "inspiration" board.  When ever I start feeling like I have a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear or it takes me six outfits and constant adjustment to figure out what to put on, I head back to my inspiration boards.  Having a visual reminder of color combinations, layering, accessory details, or different ways to style some of my go-to pieces is an easy way to circumvent wardrobe confusion. And it is really easy, in fact if you recieve catalogs, occasionally buy a magazine, or even if you take pictures of inspiring fashions you are already started.  When I get catalogs, instead of seeing things I "want" I try to see new ideas for things I may already own.  First I tear out outfit combinations that I like and start collecting them--usually, one board per season.  Then I look for common themes or trends in the pictures I have collected. After sorting the pictures and putting them on the board, I look for similarities in my own wardrobe. If after looking through my closet there are a few gaps I make a list of things to look for on sale and at thrift stores. Finally, when I wear an outfit that I really like, I write it down in a journal I keep for that purpose. It may seem like a lot of work, but overall, it is a huge timesaver!




True to her namesake, my Beatrice Emily loves climbing trees. Even if her current climbing skills rely on mama helping her in and out!

my little tree-hugger




A recipe (unrelated to the above picture):

Autumn coleslaw:

zucchini, apples, carrots, squash, onions, almonds, raisins (shredded and chopped)
Two tablespoons butter

In large skillet heat butter, add veggies and let simmer until everything has cooked down. Add slivered almonds for some crunch. Serve with any Fall entree



Big brother is learning too, how to walk slowly and help Cissy!


Seems like a slower October, we still haven't had a frost and the temperatures hover in the 80's. The leaves that have turned are still lovely though


No comments: