Hello dear friends and sweet family,
Time keeps speeding up and I so often wish I had a minute or two to write my thoughts down. Mostly so I will remember them, but also as a way to mark this time in my life. Our days are full, sometimes of housework and family time, sometimes with playdates and library visits, other times I don't even know where the day went. But mostly God is using these precious days to show me how big He is, how precious my children are, and how I may have married the most wonderful man ever (at least, he is my perfect match).
A friend recently wrote that she shies away from writing about her son because she hates how trite her feelings sound when written. I know what she means. I feel that everyday I have, every minute, every morning, afternoon, and evening are gifts. Such amazingly perfect gifts.
But, I have written these things before. And while my feelings about family and life only seem to intensify, I want to share a few things that are shallow pleasures by comparison. So, who wants a couple great recipes? Or my recommendation for really cheap but awesome jeans? Or my thoughts on a slightly pretentious French novel? Or maybe a few things off my current list of fall favorites? Well, be warned, you are about to get all that and maybe a few other thoughts too.
Starting with a recent recipe that were pretty darn tasty:
Stuffed squash: Okay, this is super yummy (if you like squash--R hates it...)
You will need: A large squash (you choose your favorite) halved and hollowed out.
Ground meat (I used hamburger and venison, but I think sausage would be fantastic too)
pre-cooked rice, spinach, onions, garlic, apples, peppers, mushrooms, potatos (if you like starch :) Basically, use your judgement when it comes to measuring ratios and remember it will cook down.
Brown your meat, with the onions, garlic, and peppers. Add apples, rice, spinach, mushrooms and potatoes. Throw in a little salsa to or spaghetti sauce and let it simmer. When the spinach and mushrooms are cooked, stuff mixture in the hollowed squash. Top with cheese ( I used feta and grated parmesan) Cover with tinfoil and cook for about an hour at 350. Make sure you put some water in the bottom of your pan or your squash will burn.
Yum! and more fun things to come!
1 comment:
I am beyond thrilled. I think I found a wonderful option for your Christmas present. It is still a maybe and it is a book, but again, I think it is a fabulous option for you. Sure, I could find you clothing, but we both know that I am "hit and miss" at selections for myself, so why take that risk with you. Looking forward to seeing you tonight. In typical A fashion, I will be wearing something gotten from you. Thank the Lord I can retain my stylist through friendship! 143.
Post a Comment