Tuesday, August 23, 2011

my favorite time

My favorite time? Family time. playing all together time. making art time. reading stories time. Sewing time. walking after dinner time. cuddle time. Late afternoon sun time.
 Enjoying every minute time.

After we eat. There are sometimes moments of bright stillness.


she creates. she draws. she inspires me.

his imagination is infectious. like a yawn. we make up stories.

any more independence would be too much for me.

everyday, their play gets sweeter and more complex.


i want to dress like this too.

I am amazed by them. How can they have come from me?


In the flower fairie alphabet, Z was for zinnia.

 the perfect white picket fence in our little Rockwellian town.

gills. i like mushrooms. I still remember my dad wanted to grow them in our cellar once.

organic yin and yang

I thrifted and altered this dress. For some reason it seems to be a favorite. With me. with Russ.
With friends and random strangers. Right now, I am wistfully thinking of wearing it with boots and a cardigan. Maybe later with tights.


terra cotta pots don't have feelings. But these seem restful.

No comments: