Friday, April 24, 2009

Thoughts on a windy April day

Sun-bleached quilt spread out on the porch,
Blonde head resting against my crossed legs.
Warm breeze swaying the wooden fence,
Proud tulips stand tall in the yard across the street.
Picnic lunch and discarded flip-flops.
Sweet little-boy kisses on my knees.
Thank You for this beautiful day and my blessed life.

5 comments:

Kit said...

This is not at all a terrible poem. You should not feel embarrassed to have put this on the internets.

AnneR said...

Every once in awhile, I do get a little jealous that your late mornings and afternoons are more flexible than mine. That settles it, I must figure out a way to have triplets so that I can be a stay-at-home mom. I wouldn't begrudge you your beautiful afternoons at all - just wish I could be there with you. There will be water and lemonade, right? Because I sit on no porch without water or lemonade (and neither should you!). Love.

AnneR said...

Oh, and since I don't know when we are headed that way (I'm sorry) - can we get more pregnancy pictures? The fabulous JC dresses hide so much (and are so comfortable and colorful, etc.) so we can't even see anything! Much love!

nicole said...

some moments are truely perfect! wish I had the words to make them seem as perfect as they are, you did a great job at capturing that!

Anonymous said...

The picture and the poem go so very nicely together! Also, I used to have have that run that's in your picture- unfortunately when my apartment flooded it got ruined so I just threw it out. :(