Thursday, April 30, 2009
Confessions of a Closet Preppie: Part I
I wasn't born in Nantucket, Palm Beach or any part of Connecticut. In fact I didn't even know about Lilly Pulitzer until my freshman year of college when I started working at the Pea in the Pod in Cameron Village. However, the first time I saw her cheeky patterns and brightly colored dresses, I was in love!
While my first Lilly purchases were made at boutiques, I have since learned the value of patience and frugality! New dresses by Lilly are quite pricey thus when I decided I wanted a special Lilly piece from each of my babies this year for Mother's Day, I also knew I didn't want to spend hundreds. Thank goodness for Ebay! This pattern is from Evie, especially appropriate not only because of the monkey, but because the monkey is holding "Toms."
I can't help it, maybe it is tacky but even before Beatrice, I loved hot pink and orange together. Throw in a straw bag for summer time, bare feet, and some green grass and I am in heaven.
This is the pattern from Miss Beatrice, since we call her our "little Bee" I thought flowers were appropriate. Can you see the " Lilly" signature hidden in the print? It is one way to recognize the difference between genuine Lilly and the fakes.
These bright flowers are on the second Lilly I bought. I still love it, but the hemline is a little short for chasing Evie!
Yep, hot pink and bright kelly green. Two of my guilty pleasures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hadn't ever heard of Lilly Pulitzer before, but I must say that those are some gorgeous prints! I checked out the eBay listings, and while some of the prices are a little too steep, I am absolutely smitten with some of them. Such fun summery prints!
P.S. My coral dress from Old Navy arrived today- comfortable, and the color is gorgeous! :)
Post a Comment