So it is back to typically freezing (and below) temperatures here. No snow of course. Just blustery, bitingly sharp winds and deceptive sunshine. And while my children seem to think that a tee shirt and shorts is still A-okay, the majority of Kansans use this season to perfect the zen of layering. Now, I am sure there are many places where layering is a seasonal must, but here it is an artform because year round, our climate is known for it unpredictability. Today, however, I have to say, I am quite pleased with the results. I could even add a few more layers if the wind starts blowing faster. But what I am most proud of is, that should the need be, I can strip down four layers before I get indecent! Woohoo, that's a new personal record. So with much ado, I give you, a very clean striptease. See, yet another perk of wearing layers, you don't scandalize the neighbors when you take off clothing!
***Also, please note, for posterity, I have been making the attempt to wear tighter pants per Russ's New Year's request : )
 |
| Top layer: Leather jacket (thrifted), knit hat, and fingerless gloves (Christmas present from my parents |
 |
| Next layer: scarf (thrifted), and drapey sweater (thrifted J. Jill) |
 |
| Penultimate layer: wool shift dress (Gap 3 or 4 years ago, I had it shortened to more of a mini/tunic length) |
 |
Bottom layer: silk tee shirt (thrifted, Ann Taylor), leggings jeans( after Christmas sale at Gap), silver jewelry (gifts and from Mexico. The earrings are a Christmas present from Anne), boots (Indigo by Clarkes--gotta LOVE Zappos!) (with smart wools) and I put the scarf back on because I felt naked! Personally, this is as tight as I will ever wear my pants. And, I prefer them with the dress, but they are pretty comfy and I know R likes them. These things we do for love.
|
3 comments:
What is it that Miriah keeps looking at over there? Hmmmmmm . . .
http://imgur.com/LUQsW
Oh! That's what it is.
there are no words for how awesome that is. Please tell me that for my birthday, you will make me a lifesize reclining cutout of naked Burt Reynolds? Please!
It is just awkward to take your own picture. I feel my viewing public deserves better, yet I am too lazy to set the timer--it gets complicated. Thus the mirror shots and my slightly quizzical glances at the resurrected (but offscreen) Naked Burt from 1980s Playgirl...
Uh, have been meaning to point out that no, for sure not looking preggers. How do I know? Because I, luckily, am looking rather preggers and am (I think) past the chubby bunny/freshman 15/is that a beergut stage. Hopefully. Apparently I need to take a picture as proof that for certain, you do not look pregnant and yes, we love the layers. Almost as much as we love the husbands. Not BR though - you two are freaking me out a little with that talk.
Post a Comment