It is official, Everett loves the Fourth of July! I think it is because it is as noisy as he is. Last night we had a "preview" of the excitement at a party held at Russ's co-worker's house. Evie went WILD for the colors, noise, smoke, the whole shebang (literally). It was amazing so beautiful and a good experience even if I did end up with a swollen index finger.
Whole story (partially abreviated) Everett wanted to play in the car--so we rolled down the windows and were checking in on him while watching from about 6 feet away. Well I noticed he was quiet so I went over for a routine close inspection only to find he had discovered a pack of gum (it had been hidden) and had put about 88 pieces in his mouth. Being the resourceful mom that I am, I tried the old finger-sweep, only to have his precious pearly whites clamp down like a florida gator. This morning it was oozing and swollen, currently it is still a little weepy and bruised looking. But of course, preventing my sweet baby from swallowing a mess of gum was worth it... I think, if I need an amputation later, I may re-evaluate the verdict.
Tonight we go to a little town with a huge fireworks display--should be lots of fun, they have a parade and carnival prior to the show which should keep the babies happy.
Happy Fourth of July!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment