Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend at the Summer House


Recently, I read a post that inspired me to think about summer living a little differently. This woman pretended that every summer weekend she went to her "summer house." For her this meant using special plates, linens, having the house clean, etc. so she could step back and enjoy the heat, sunshine, and relaxation of summer even more--making the weekends trule something special. I really liked that idea--and this past weekend, when my very dear Anne came for an impromtu visit, I felt like we were on a mini-vacation to the summer house. It was so luxurious to sit in the backyard in our jammies while the kids played contentedly--perhaps even more so because the men were sweating on the roof laying shingles. I think I am going to try to make each weekend feel special--a reward for working hard at the day-to-day during the week. It may seem like common sense, but being a SAHM sometimes makes the days run together. Now back to being responsible!



Russ on the roof, in the heat, makes me feel a little guilty even now!
Our little cabana in the backyard!

Victoria eating all of her mother's cinnamon roll--that sweet face can put away an amazing amount of food.




Ultimate freedom, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A. I love my sunglasses - I don't look nearly as dumb as C says I do.

B. Loved spending the day with you and company.

C. Your adoring public asks for haircut pictures, but I have yet to get them to you because there are 30-40 and I don't know exactly how to send them.

143.

Whiskeymarie said...

Sigh.
I could use a weekend like this.
Nice pics!