Thursday, July 24, 2008

Demolition Derby 2008

It is HOT dirty work
But they seem to enjoy it.


The 79' Lincoln


Derby Face


Since I have known him, Russ has loved demolition derby. It is part of how we met and while I doubt I will ever understand it or love it the way he does, I love him and this is part of who he is! Derby is messy, dirty, loud, long, hard work. I admire my husband for choosing such a hard hobby and sticking with it even when all the odds are against him. He is the only one of his friends to have made it to the feature (the final heat). And he hopes to repeat his success this year. A special thank you is in order for my cousin Ryan, who spent a day and a half in the hot, hot, hot working with Russ on the car!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dedication always gets me. I'm that dedicated to . . . well, C and you. Sometimes Bella. But those are alive things and not a strange crash-up-bang-up quasi sport. One which is a huge part of my relationship too and I also have come to love. It is entirely surprising. Will see you at derby next year - wherever.