Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's Go Smashing!

In Caleb's words, "Eh, it'll ride"


Name of the car: "Almost Done"
Which it was, almost.


My dirty, sexy husband.
Through the kitchen window.
Loading up to go.
Wrap it up, Russ.



All together now.
A SOLID hit.
Getting ready to go.



Yay my name!
Matt van der Hoeven
Put those sledge hammers to use.

Rubbing bumpers.





Going in for the hit.
Come on boys, get 'er done!







Once again Russ made it to the feature! However, as a whole the car was a little dissapointing. The consolation heat was great but the derby ended much quicker than in past years. The entrance numbers were down according to the promoters--probably due to increased gas prices and sluggish economy. But we had fun. Caleb came down from KC and Matthew came up from McPherson to be on Russ's pit crew. Talina came out to watch Everett and over all I think it was a good time for everyone. Definitly bears repeating--even if it is only to work our the issues in the Lincoln's running. ***And I was wrong, it is a '77 Lincoln not a '79.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE hot, dirty, derby boys? Does the heart good, I tell you! Again, so sad that I couldn't be there, but I promise that I won't miss one ever again. I swear on a posey in a pickle patch!