Thursday, July 24, 2008

Titus and Smokey

Good Dog!
Giggem'

Titus and the more elusive Smokey
Titus putting Everett to bed .


Most people who know me, also know that I am not particularly a dog/animal person. I have nothing against animals, and there are a few who I have come to love. But over all, I think animals of all sizes and shapes are probably better off with other people. So it may come as a bit of a suprise, that we are dogsitting. Smokey is a little Schnauser and is very patient and sweet and LOVES to cuddle on the couch. Titus is a 170 (at least) lb. behemoth also known as a British Mastiff. He is HUGE and seems to take up twice the space in our house as all the rest of us. He does not have any conception of personal space and wants to be no farther than two feet away from me at all times. It is like having a mutant toddler. He slobbers and drools but is mostly harmless. Both dogs have been really good with Everett. And I think that after this little experiment, I might even consider getting a dog from a shelter, Everett really loves playing with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Truly. And you are dogsitting.

Funkyco said...

I love your blog and enjoyed looking at the pictures of you and your family. I encourage you to get a shelter dog. They are the most loveable and appreciative animals. My husband and I have 2!