Monday, April 25, 2011

a beautiful Easter

Because we are leaving for NC prior to the end of school the Easter party was Evie's last. Bea and I went and had a marvelous time!  These little rice-crispy nests with jellybean eggs were really easy and fun to make. We also brought a healthier fruit salad option which was roundly ignored by the under 25 set.


Bea always gets to sit next to her brother. She loves hanging out with the big kids. Aren't those plates and cups cute?

bribing with candy. I will try anything for a good picture, in case you were wondering though, it didn't work!

A huge thanks to Anne, for encouraging me to wear this! I may have been a bit overdressed for our church, but it was such a happy dress and it made me feel a little like Betty Draper. Plus it has pockets, a halter-neck that doesn't give me a headache, and the cady fabric is amazing! And seriously, could you find a color anymore appropriate for celebrating in?
I wanted a picture with Beatrice, this will have to suffice. Hey, at least we are both smiling!

This year we tried something a bit different. Instead of two baskets we made a BIG basket for the kids to share. It wasn't a complete fail. The adorable bunny with the carrot sweater was a sweet gift to Bea from my aunt Ellen!

Out of all the pictures, this is the closest to love I could find. If Bea was smiling, Ev was making a face. If Evie was happy, Bea was mad...But still, they are the sweetest kids I know.

So they each got sunglasses in their basket. Sunglasses that they picked for themselves. Sunglasses which she wore for the entirety of our Easter walk, but when I took this picture, lets just say she wasn't into it anymore. Still, they're kinda awesome, and she looks so cute in them.

always a rockstar!



As soon as E figured out that there were plastic eggs with candy and dyed eggs without, he narrowed his egg hunt and oh, so kindly, left all the hardboiled eggs for Bea.




He makes me smile. Everyday. I sure love this man.

our pretty eggs. Anyone want some? We have more than the kids and I can eat before they go bad.

Not bad for a one-off, 1,2,3, shoot kinda picture.

Yep, I really, really love this dress. Anyone want to throw a party so I can wear it again soon?

No comments: