Friday, April 15, 2011

A joyful and thankful heart

This past week has been full to brimming with beautiful Spring days, flowers, breezes, dirt, and wonder. I was reminded daily of all the blessings my children bring. I am overwhelmed with life right now, but when I remember to be joyful and have a thankful heart, the day-to-day worries subside and I see the beautiful, golden, light shining through!

She reminds me of those crazy, Florida, grandmas. You know the ones wearing five bright patterns, carrying a giant straw bag, and reminding you to eat your greens and wear sunscreen? I think it looks pretty darn cute though.

And Evie wanted to wear the newsboy cap to school, melt my heart.


They are so sweet together. It gives me amazing joy to know they have each other.

My dad came for an in-and-out visit. The grandbubbies love their Grampy SOOOOOOO much!

Miss Bea also loves that Grampy will carry her wherever her little finger points.

speckled jellybeans. It's the simple, sugary, things that make you smile sometimes.

and sometimes it's this.

or this.

The light on her hair was so lovely, and she was so taken with the tulips. Sometimes, God just gives us these moments of breathtaking beauty, as if to say, "Are you paying attention? Don't look away, it all goes so fast!"

I asked Dad to take some pictures to send with Russ. This is one of my favorites.

I am sure almost everyone with a camera feels this way, but I could take a million pictures this time of year. Each day reveals more and more glorious color.




She is getting so big. And she insists she can do it all on her own. Please slowdown baby girl.
 Mama isn't ready for you to be so big!

2 comments:

Kit said...

The cuteness is overwhelming! :D

Miriah said...

I know! but just try taking pictures of them that aren't! So far it is impossible, even when covered with mud or fighting they are impossibly adorable.