A few weeks ago on a rather dreary day, a sweet friend and I had a few hours of crafting bliss. This is one of the simplest projects to undertake and the result is fun and fresh. I almost want to make one for every major holiday! Also, better tutorials probably abound, but I have included enough pictures that you could copy this if you want!
 |
| gather fabric and wire hangers. I suggest sticking with cotton. |
 |
| make strips. about 3 inches long by an inch wide seemed to work well. |
 |
| form a circle with your hanger. It is about 12 inches in diameter. |
 |
| tie on your fabric strips. Make sure you really squish them together, the more the better! |
 |
| hang and enjoy! |
 |
| a close up, you may end up with way more fabric strips than you need, I did. So I made one for Bea's room and one for a friend. It is easy as can be and makes me smile whenever I pass by. |
 |
| well this is upside down...oh well, This is the skirt I mentioned in a previous post. Too big, too long, and kinda dowdy, but it had GREAT potential. |
 |
| a washed out floral. crinkley cotton. Full but not poofy, pleats anyone? |
 |
| So I added darts in the back to snug it up. And chopped off about a foot. Hemmed it, ironed it, and wore it the next day! I love it when it's easy. And a skirt and tee shirt is about as easy as it gets! |
No comments:
Post a Comment