Wednesday, March 2, 2011

something quick till next time

Do you ever see something in a catalog that you then obsess over? Happens to me all the time. This time though, it was a skirt that just seemed to whisper "Spring is coming, never fear!" And I wanted it. But, they wanted $98 for it. Hmmm. What to do?

Make a copy!

So I did. Forgive the blurry photo. Ev is still learning the art of focus...me too.

And yes, there was snow on the ground. And I did wear about three layers, including tights, knee-socks, tall boots, scarf, and cardigan. But more importantly, I finished my copy in less than a week and got to wear it!!!!

The next project.

Our second story nest. Have I mentioned how much I love the light in this room?


A note on fabric: I wanted to match the gorgeous floral in the catalog as closely as possible. And with a little patience and dedicated thrifting, I found an amazingly close floral--in a vintage sheet, for fifty cents. Doesn't get sweeter than that. Oh wait, my grand total was $2.85. So yep, compared to spending over $100, I feel pretty darn good!

5 comments:

Cristen said...

Makes me almost wish I could sew ;)
Welcome back to the interweb! LOL. We've missed ya. I plan on calling you tomorrow, so hopefully Julian gives me the opportunity.

(PS, Beatrice's hair is getting long!)

Kit said...

Yay updates! Ya'll are looking awesome. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

I love love love your skirt that you made! Seriously, it looks like a dead ringer for that overpriced one. :)

Tiffany said...

You're so talented! Love the skirt!

Lorajean said...

LOOOOVE your copy! What a pretty vintage print. I love vintage sheets!