Sunday, March 20, 2011

uniform


errands, park, library
 Apologies in advance for the smudgey mirror. I'm gonna blame it on old glass, because I did clean it!
walk, errands, playdate
This is a footnote to the "wearing [your] clothes" series.  One thing that is really helpful in getting dressed and liking what you put on is having a formula. Mine is really, really easy. It goes:
 cardigan+jeans+ nice tee shirt+ scarf +earrings+comfy shoes= uniform
Variables include: where I put the jolt of color. It can be the scarf, the shirt, the shoes, sometimes my socks...
Also, the number of bracelets changes daily but I usually wear an armful because I like the noise.
Morning playgroup
trip to the farm
after church
Monday morning errands.
Is anything to gain from these eerily similar outfits? Well, it takes me five minutes to pull together a relatively cohesive look that I can take a lot of places...Sure, in retrospect, it is a little bit boring, but when I alternate with skirts and casual dresses, it works.  So, find something that you like wearing, that is comfortable, and that is easy to mix-and-match, and go with it for a week or so and see if it makes getting dressed more fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your standard uniform looks very similar to mine! Minus the scarves, because it's just too darn hot here in Texas.

Top: Usually some sort of dorky graphic tee, band shirt, or plain basic shirt. If it's cooler outside, I'll throw a cardigan or hoodie over that.
Bottom: jeans, unless I haven't done laundry...then it's yoga pants.
Shoes: TOMS or Vans.

Right now, I'm wearing my Aldous Snow Rock God shirt with my houndstooth cardigan, GAP jeans, and black glitter TOMS.

I think that's why I haven't done any outfit blog posts- I wear pretty much the same thing everyday!