Sunday, March 6, 2011

sunny Sunday afternoon

First a few apologies, I meant to schedule the "wearing [your] clothes" series about a week apart, but I was so excited to finish two in one day that I forgot and just dumped it on you! I will try to schedule the rest of the series about a week apart maybe a bit more, to give you the time I suggest to finish the steps.

A note  for the Mamas: It may seem impossible to even contemplate doing anything clothing related. You may think, "yeah, sure, when my precious Little is a bit bigger, maybe I will find time." Don't wait! When I am trying to get anything done around my house I follow my very wise Mama's example and just include my children in the process. It maybe messier, it may take longer, but it still gets done, and at the end of the day everyone has had a good time. Examples include: letting your baby splash in the water while you rinse dishes, letting them play with a rag and a pan of water while you mop the floor, letting them "fold" all the washrags when you are doing laundry, and when you are organizing and cleaning your closet, let them play dress up.  Everett loves to play with hangers so that is another option.  Knowing what you have in your closet and loving it will make it easier to get dressed which will give you more time to play and do those most important things with your wee helpers. Alright, off my soapbox.

On a completely different topic, who loves lemon curd? Yummy! Seriously, I could eat it with a spoon. Also kitchen related, coffee carafes are awesome! Brew your pot, pour into your carafe, seal the lid and enjoy hot coffee all morning without the energy drain of keeping your coffee maker on.

So tell me, what do you do on Sunday afternoons?

No comments: